SERVICES I PROVIDE
I play mandolin, guitar, tenor mandolin, tenor banjo, pennywhistle, tenor
sax, keyboards and various ethnic flutes. I also sing and can harmonize
DIFFERENT STYLES PLAYED
Over time I have come to love diverse styles of music and been lucky enough to find
pleasure and enjoyment in them.
1. UKRAINIAN, GYPSY and OTHER ETHNIC STYLES - My musical roots
derive from my native Ukrainian culture and my early exposure to gypsy music. I have
developed a love for these styles and other styles that are characteristic of their ethnic
2. CELTIC – Performed on mandolin, mandola, guitar and pennywhistle with a
popular South Jersey Celtic duo named Dorian Aire and currently perform with high-
energy Celtic Rock Powerhouse, FORTHLIN ROAD.
3. JAZZ/SWING – Performed on the mandolin with a cool combo called SWING 24.
This group performed Gypsy Jazz influenced music a la Django Reinhardt et al.
4. CLASSICAL – I have performed in configurations ranging from solo
performances to a 180 piece mandolin and classical guitar orchestra at the 2004
convention of the Classical Mandolin Society of America. Performed regularly in the
South Jersey and Philadelphia areas with a classical duo named String Breezes. Gave
a critically acclaimed performance of Vivaldi’s Mandolin Concerto in C Major in 2003.
5. BLUEGRASS – I have been performing with various bluegrass groups for many
6. NEAPOLITAN – Since the mandolin was invented in Italy I have made it a point
to become acquainted with the music of its originating country. I have performed as a
soloist in many fine restaurants and at festivals. Last year I made a presentation and
demonstration at the 2007 Mercer County Italian American Festival in West Windsor,
NJ entitled Introducing the Mandolin Family.
7. CLASSIC ROCK and COUNTRY– I have performed and recorded with groups
of this persuasion for many years and am currently involved with a “modern country”
IN ADDITION TO THE ABOVE
I also perform as a singer-.songwriter accompanying myself on guitar, 12-string guitar
or tenor guitar. I perform originals as well as cover material. A sampling the artists I
cover is listed below:
Credence Clearwater Revival
Crosby, Stills and Nash
Peter, Paul & Mary
And a host of others
I teach mandolin, guitar, vocals, improvisation and music theory.
1/2 HOUR IN MY STUDIO - $30.00
3/4 HOUR IN MY STUDIO - $43.00
1 HOUR IN MY STUDIO - $55.00
1/2 HOUR AT YOUR LOCATION - $35.00
3/4 HOUR AT YOUR LOCATION - $48.00
1 HOUR AT YOUR LOCATION - $60.00